6 Signs that You Have Been Ignoring Your Health
One’s health does not remain the same forever. The natural aging process leads to gradual deterioration in health, which means that we all need to make some effort to ensure our well-being in the long term. If your efforts have not yielded any fruit, the negative effects on your health will show up earlier than expected. You must recognize the signs and take necessary steps to prevent your health from deteriorating. The following sections discuss the top 6 signs indicating that you have been ignoring your health.
Weight gain is a sign of compromised health to some degree depending on the extent of the fat buildup. You may not notice the accumulation of fat over time unless it starts appearing on various areas of your body. Some of the basic reasons for overlooking the physical fitness include:
- Bad eating habits
- Poor nutrition
- Lack of physical activity
- Stress and depression
- Alcoholism and similar bad lifestyle habits
It is important to note that excessive fat is a precursor to many lifestyle disorders like heart disease and diabetes. The lungs, kidneys, and liver are just some of the vital organs affected by abnormal or excess weight. Moreover, it affects the personality and self-esteem of the victim.
An unhealthy digestive system
Assess your routine and find answers to the following questions:
- Have you started experiencing frequent heartburns?
- Have you started complaining about acidity more often?
- Is there any unexplained change in your bowel habits?
- Do you usually suffer from abdominal pains and an upset stomach?
If so, you must understand that you have been neglecting your health for a while. Unhealthy eating habits are the main cause of poor digestive system. This, in turn, disrupt your overall health and the issues listed above start occurring.
Colon cancer and inflammatory bowel diseases are the threats associated with an unhealthy digestive tract. It is necessary to opt for a balanced diet and exercise if you want boost your digestion and prevent these disorders.
Unexpected body aches and joint pains
Body aches and joint pains are mostly associated with old age. However, in some exceptional situations, these issues may crop up due to injuries or a prolonged illness. If you are still young and not suffering from any injury or illness, the triggering of these problems may result due to:
- Incorrect body postures while sitting or standing
- Uncomfortable bedding or chair
- Prolonged sitting due to hectic work schedules
- Nutritional deficiency
- Poor physical fitness
- Lack of exercise
It is time you start taking required action to eliminate these causes before the body aches and joint pains go from bad to worse.
Your day-to-day activities and lifestyle habits affect your skin too. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle goes a very long way in ensuring a glowing and smooth skin. Your skin may turn pale and lifeless if you don’t. To have a healthy and glowing skin:
- Follow a healthy diet rich in vitamins and fluids
- Get enough sleep
- Don’t indulge in bad habits like smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages
- Protect the skin against the sun’s UV rays by using a good quality sunscreen
- Stop using cosmetics and soaps with harsh chemicals
Considering the fact that healthy skin can leave the much-desired first impression, you should stop ignoring the importance of healthcare.
Inadequate or poor sleep
Have you recently started experiencing irregular sleeping patterns? Count it as another important sign of neglecting good health. Deep and peaceful sleep indicates that you are still miles away from the onset of physical decline.
However, you are on your way to poor health, if:
- Your sleep is interrupted by small movements and noises
- You are not able to sleep for hours even when lying on the bed
- You feel the need to take small naps during the day
- You get up with headaches, dizziness, and in an irritated frame of mind in the morning
Sleeplessness results from neglected healthcare. The reasons could be a stressed mind, improper diet, overeating on a frequent basis, and undesirable sleeping habits. Lack of quality sleep may also disrupt your personal and professional life.
Another common sign of compromised health is a constant state of depression. You may have been compromising your mental health with worries, sorrows, tensions and stress, all of which can trigger clinical depression. This sign of bad health can be further aggravated with things like:
- Little or no social participation
- Lack of quality moments with friends or family
You need to make sure that you give yourself the attention you deserve by putting your health as top priority every single day. Aging and the health issues that come along with it can be dealt with effectively if you follow the recommendations outlined in this article.
About the Author